Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Design for USI's Art Club Website

The design I created for the USI Art Club's website is different then normal websites that people are use to. I added a sketch book to a drawing table that i made look like its been used in an art class. I made paint smears and splatters and pencil markings like the table has been used for quite sometime.

I added doodles to the sketchbook as if this belongs to a student and was bored during class. All the doodles are hand sketched that i scanned into photoshop and added to the composition. Everything, besides the main body, pencil, and faculty advisors, were also all hand-drawn and added to the composition in a way it would look if a student just throw in the information in there sketchbook.

For the remaining text, I went online and found a really cool text type called chilly. To me, it looked very similar handwriting, so I used it to look like someone hand-wrote the information into the book.

I added a pencil, because i thought it needed some sort of art supply that would tie in all the elements together. I scanned in one of my own art pencils then imported it into photoshop.

Finally, i added a ink spill in the lower corner to add another common art element to help tie in the composition. I made it look like an ink container just got knocked over and spilled over the art table and the notebook laying on the table.

There you go, that is my design for the USI's Art Club website. I hope you all liked my design

No comments:

Post a Comment